Current approaches for assessing large-scale flood risks largely ignore basic interactions and feedbacks between atmosphere, catchments, river-floodplains, and socio-economic systems. As a consequence, risk analyses are uncertain and might be biased.
On October 9 and 10, consortium members and Early Stage Researchers of the System-Risk ETN have met for the first interim workshop in Vienna, Austria.
From 5 to 7 September 2017 the International Conference on Flood Management has taken place in Leeds.
The second System-Risk training course was held at the Deltares institute in Delft, the Netherlands.
- RT @WaterYouthNet: Ready for a challenge in 2018? Don’t miss the deadline for the risk communication pressure cooker #UR2018 - Jan 26… https://t.co/BryY96PU6B — 2 weeks 1 day ago
- RT @WaterYouthNet: Are you young professional interested in #riskcomm 4 #disasters? Apply 4 our #pressurecooker event @UnderstandRisk!… https://t.co/0C4f5kcsLB — 1 month 2 days ago
- Our ESRs present their first year results at the @SystemRisk meeting today. #actorconnectivity #supplychains… https://t.co/OFSvstE1xU — 3 months 2 weeks ago
- RT @gecosistema: @SystemRisk @AttiCastellarin @UniboMagazine @JaroslavMysiak @EU_H2020 #H2020 #InvestEUresearch! @rtavarescosta https://t.co/VyIfjd2bgn — 3 months 2 weeks ago
- Well done @Friederike_Holz for winning the @icfm7 best student poster prize on business supply chains and indirect… https://t.co/ws0VwFlmbc — 4 months 2 weeks ago
- @SystemRisk special session #2 presents systems approaches in Italy and Germany! @GFZ_Potsdam @AttiCastellarin… https://t.co/HoSLhMafn6 — 4 months 2 weeks ago
- #ESRs present their research on system behaviour for flood hazards @deltares & bridging mechanisms 4integrated #FRM… https://t.co/bf5DTeQDFg — 4 months 2 weeks ago
- @SystemRisk special session on systems approach to #FRM at #icfm7 kicking off now in room 20 @wateratleeds! https://t.co/NBVKnh3fYI — 4 months 2 weeks ago
- RT @Lijnonline: Playing the https://t.co/yRSaVWm7cc to learn about @deepuncertainty and flood risk management with @jan_kwakkel https://t.co/KsCeGMGdyy — 6 months 3 weeks ago
- Playing the #sustainabledeltagame @deltares! #flexibility #adaptivepathways https://t.co/RBVM8QBnf0 — 6 months 3 weeks ago
- Thanks @deltares for an exciting field trip to the Room for the River projects across #NL today! #systembehaviour… https://t.co/g8mZic7bI0 — 6 months 4 weeks ago
- Our #ESRs enjoying the CIrcle workshop on cascading impacts on critical infrastructure @deltares https://t.co/TciZPIemLS — 7 months 15 hours ago
- @deltares kicks off our second #ESR training on #systemrisk! @MSCActions @GFZ_Potsdam https://t.co/w5S1HYDnMH — 7 months 21 hours ago
- Systemrisk posters in action #EGU17 @rtavarescosta @AttiCastellarin @GFZ_Potsdam https://t.co/cvTMo8FeSe — 9 months 1 day ago
- @SystemRisk is at @EuroGeosciences this week! Check out our posters #8771, #7997 #1459! @GFZ_Potsdam… https://t.co/L9iEDSzb9j — 9 months 3 days ago
- RT @AttiCastellarin: Thanks to all the participants to #systemrisk short course in… https://t.co/yjdbQaSiVK — 11 months 5 days ago
- RT @FHRC_MDX: Great day at the civil protection agency in Bologna with our #systemrisk PhD researchers! https://t.co/wLWhBXt8oi — 11 months 5 days ago
This project has received funding from the European Union's EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 under Grant Agreement No. 676027